Monday 16 March 2015

Video: Kat von D Purple Eye & Two Toned Lip

How did it take me so long to do a Kat von D makeup tutorial?


I look so different from the right - my left side is definitely my best, haha


This particular look is inspired by a picture (posted below) I found of her wearing a purple eye look with a two toned red and pink lip. I immediately loved the makeup and knew it was the one I had to recreate, as purple is one of my favourite colours to wear on my eyes (and lips for that matter).

I tried to make it as similar as I could to the original by drawing on her face tattoos, which I really feel completed the look despite it not being a transformation video. I really think that the key to replicating her eye looks is to ensure you do a very long thin wing on your liner. It can immediately make the eye look more similar.

I'm actually a huge fan of Kat's and I've been following her for years. I loved watching both Miami and LA Ink not only for the tattoos, but also because Kat's style appeals to me so much. I used to see her wear one eye in one colour, and the other eye in another colour so if anyone has any good pictures of that please do send them my way because I'd love to recreate that. I only managed to find one on Google and it just didn't grab me.

Here is the original look I was recreating:



Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MUA e/s - Shades 4 & 2
MAC e/s - Beautiful Iris, Satellite Dreams & Fig. 1
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil - Perversion
Kat von D Tattoo Liner - Trooper
Rimmel Wonder'ful Mascara - Black
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara - Black
Eylure False Lashes #107

Lips
MAC Lip Pencil - Cherry
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil - Anarchy

'Tattoos'
Kat von D Tattoo Liner - Trooper 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment