Tuesday 31 March 2015

NOTW: Models Own Hyper Gel - Turquoise Gloss




The consistency of this particular nail varnish is relatively thick so you can definitely get away with only applying one coat whilst still achieving good opacity. Only having to apply one coat means it dries a lot faster, too, which is great for an impatient person such as myself!

I wouldn't say the colour looks hugely glossy, despite the name suggesting it would be. It's pretty shiny though, but for me I really don't think it lives up to the name. The colour is very nice though, and one I tend to lean towards when looking at nail varnishes.

In the photos the colour is showing up quite blue, but in person it is definitely much more of a green.

In the photos I used Sally Hansen Diamond Strength as a base coat, one coat of Turquoise Gloss, and then Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay as a top coat.

The Hyper Gel range is the same price as every other Models Own nail varnish, at £4.99. I don't have it, but you can also buy a Hyper Gel clear top coat, which presumably makes them even shinier (defeats the purpose in my opinion, as the colours in this range should themselves be glossy), which costs £7.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment