Tuesday 28 October 2014

NOTW: Revlon Brilliant Strength - Dazzle

I've really been getting into Revlon nail varnish recently, and after seeing some pretty manicures using pink glitter/shimmer I went straight there to find something similar.





In all honesty I'm not a fan of pink usually, but there was just something so pretty about the ones I saw that I thought I'd try something different from what I usually wear. I also picked up two other shades since there was a 3 for 2 offer and I was buying 2 anyway. It's likely you'll see those soon in upcoming NOTW posts.

I'm not really sure if you can tell from the pictures, but this doesn't look as good as it could because I'd had on black previous to this colour, and it left a bit of residue.

I can't see anything on the bottle that suggests this nail varnish is scented, but it smells like it is to me. It's like the smell of sour sweets, like the Models Own scented varnishes. It smells that way after washing my hands and showering so I think it must be intentional?

What you see here is a lot of coats. I should have realised this was going to be sheer and applied a colour underneath it, but for some reason I didn't. So I initially applied about 4 coats of this over my usual Maybelline Super Stay base coat, and topped it off with Revlon Gel Envy Diamond top coat. The next day I decided to add more coats to get it more opaque, so overall I think I applied 6 coats of the colour, but I think 5 would have been ok. Trying to apply 6 coats in one sitting would have been a nightmare because it would have taken so long to dry, so I'm glad I did it the next day.

In case you can't tell from the photos this shade is what I would describe as a baby pink that borders on coral because of the gold glitter in it. It also has what could be a blue or a purple glitter, but I think it's purple. 

On the nails the glitter sits flat and feels smooth, so it's not like the chunky glitter nail varnishes you see. However, it's on the more difficult side of removal. It's not as bad as chunky glitter, but it was still more effort than I wanted to put in (I find nail varnish removal a chore as it is).

No comments:

Post a Comment