Monday 3 November 2014

Video: Multi-Coloured Eyeliner

I've seen so many photos of ombré and multi-coloured liner, and every time I would tell myself 'I have to try this', and it never happened. Until now...





the lipstick was so hard to apply in that little sample container :/


I went for colours I particularly like, which are greens and blues. There's such a stigma against blue eyeshadow that people won't wear it, so this is a way of introducing it into your eye look without the fear of looking a bit eighties. Plus it's a way of getting to use any bright or unusual colours in palettes that sit unused, and hopefully helpful for people who do want to try wearing colour, but don't know how.

I mention in the tutorial that you can feel free to use whatever colours you want, and that the purpose is more to suggest a technique of how to do it rather than instruction on how it should or has to be done. I went for matte neutral shades for my lid just so the focus was on the eyeliner, but you can definitely apply bright colours on both the lid and eyeliner. Or if you prefer you could even do a white, grey, and black liner if you're just not into bright colours.

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
LORAC Pro Palette - Cream, Taupe, Mauve
Illamasqua Precision Ink - Scribe
Urban Decay Electric Palette - Thrash, Fringe, Chaos
Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow - Lumi
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil - Deviant
L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes - Extra-Black

Lips
Sleek Eau La La Liner - Raisin
Impulse Co. Matte Lipstick - Pandora


No comments:

Post a Comment