Thursday 13 November 2014

Video: Smokey Cat Eye

This is something I've always thought looks so good, but never thought I'd be able to do it. Probably about 6 months ago I had a go a couple of times, and it turned out OK, but I knew if I kept practising I would improve. I totally forgot about it up until recently when I decided to try again. 




This time around it probably looked the best it ever has. I decided to film it as a tutorial since I feel a lot more confident doing it. It doesn't quite pick up as smokey and blended in the video, but in the photos it looks like it does in person.

The key to this look is using products that blend nicely. I really recommend using a gel liner since it applies nice and opaque so you get the definition you need, plus it blends easily so you can achieve a good smokiness. If you have a favourite black eyeshadow then use that because the eyeshadow blending is probably the hardest bit.

In the tutorial I happen to use the LORAC Mega Pro Palette, but if you don't have that it doesn't matter, you could use any matte neutrals you want, or even colour. You can also pick whichever lip colour you want, I picked Rebel because it's perfect for Autumn/Winter, and, let's be honest, I just wanted to use it.

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
LORAC Mega Pro Palette: Cream, Fawn, Khaki, Vanilla, Sienna, Dusty Rose, Espresso, Black.
MAC Fluidline - Blacktrack
Kat von D Tattoo Liner - Trooper
Estée Lauder - Sumptuous Infinite
Rimmel ScandalEyes - Nude

Lips
MAC Lip Pencil - Currant
MAC Lipstick - Rebel (Satin) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment