Monday 10 November 2014

Video: Candyland

I'd been lacking real inspiration for a while, so I decided to have a raid of my 'inspiration' folder, as well as Instagram. I found a bunch of colourful looks, and talented artists that made me realise I've not been as creative as I used to be with colour.




I knew the only way to correct this was to have a play with some of my favourite brands and eyeshadows. Obviously I had to bring out my Sugarpill Burning Heart Palette, which has sadly sat unloved in the drawer, as well as some MAC and Urban Decay. I couldn't stop myself, and had to add some glitter, too!

I practiced this about a week before recording, just to make sure I was still able to create this kind of look to a standard I am happy with. Plus it helped me to know if adding all the different colours and glitter was overdoing it or not. The only things I changed were the waterline colour, and lipstick. I originally used Sleek Eau La La Liner in Cobalt Blue, but decided to use KIKO's Skinny Fit Kajal in the mint green shade (02) instead because I find the intensity good, and I swapped MAC Creme Cup for Impulse Co. Platonic just because I wanted to use it in a tutorial.

I also should mention that I use a Limited Edition MAC eyeshadow you can no longer buy, in the shade 'Louder, Please', but Passionate is very close, just slightly lighter.

I'm extremely happy with how this came out, and it's so encouraging comparing this with photos of make up I was doing about five+ years ago!


Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk
Sephora e/s - Secret Boudoir
Urban Decay Electric Palette - Savage
MAC Limited Edition e/s - Louder, Please
Sugarpill Burning Heart Palette - Flamepoint, Buttercupcake, Poison Plum
MAC e/s - Sushi Flower, Nylon
KIKO Skinny Fit Kajal - 02
Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow - Lumi
Kat von D Tattoo Liner - Trooper
Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner - Distortion
Estée Lauder Sumptuous Infinite - Black

Lips
MAC Lip Pencil - Dervish
Impulse Co. Matte Lipstick - Platonic

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so beautiful. Love the whole combination.

    Shang J. | The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing, I wish I'ad be able to do it one day! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (: All you need to do is practise, and using certain techniques really helps make it easier

      Delete