Thursday 20 November 2014

Video: Black Glitter Smokey Eye for the Holidays

I had a request to do a look with black glitter, so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to redo my old black smokey eye video.




If you don't want to do a glittery look then just substitute any of the glittery or shimmery products with matte ones. I think the glitter is fun though, and great for this time of year when the Christmas and New Years parties are coming around.

In this video I use Stargazer Glitter Fix Gel as my adhesive for the loose glitter, if you don't have this or can't get it, then you could try Too Faced Glitter Glue for example. There are a number of brands that do products like this, but if you are struggling to find any or don't want to spend more money then you could use false eyelash glue. However, if you do use it be careful to even it out as much as you can because it can make the glitter apply bumpy and patchy.

I also used this as an excuse to use my new Melt lipstick in Dark Room, which is definitely going to be my go-to dark lip. I have a review of this lipstick here.

Just before I type the product list I want to mention that you can no longer get the glitter I used. I got it from the Peaches & Cream site a good few years ago, but they now only sell Lit glitter from what I can see.

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sephora e/s - Secret Boudoir & Cashmere Coat
MAC Paint Pot - Blackground
Urban Decay e/s - Blackout
MAC e/s - Black Tied
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil - Perversion
Peaches & Cream Loose Glitter - Black
Stargazer Glitter Fix Gel
Collection Glam Crystals Glitter Liner - Va Va Voom 
Rimmel Wonder'Full Mascara - Black
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara - Black
Ardell #118 Lash

Lips
Melt Cosmetics Lipstick - Dark Room

No comments:

Post a Comment