Monday 9 February 2015

Video: Amanda Hendrick inspired Cool Toned Eye & Lip

Another requested tutorial!



lighter lip option
darker lip option

If you're not familiar with Amanda Hendrick she is a model who became known for dating Oli Sykes. I don't like to get into people's personal lives so suffice to say she is famous in her own right for her modelling work. I often see her pop up when I'm browsing ASOS and she has also modelled for Smashbox, plus a bunch of other stuff!

I've been following Amanda's instagram for a while now so I've been able to have a good look at the sorts of makeup looks she wears. She most often seems to wear cool toned eyeshadows and lip colours so I tried to pick the closest products I have in my own collection knowing that I don't own what she uses!

I decided to go for the most wearable or everyday look I've seen her wear since I thought most people would want that. Plus it was the one I felt I could replicate the best given what I own. I combined this with the darker lip I've seen her wear, for the same reasons, but gave a lighter option to people who might prefer it.

I find the most distinctive part of her look is her eyebrows though so as long as you get those close then the look is quite recognisable as hers.

Here are some inspiration photos with Amanda listing what makeup she personally uses:

the inspiration for my eye look
the darker lip I tried
products she uses
products she uses

Face
Smashbox Photo Finish Oil-Free Foundation Primer
Estée Lauder Double Wear 1N1
MAC ProlongWear Concealer NC15
MAC Prep+Prime Loose Powder
The Body Shop Bronzing Powder - Fair Matte
Anastasia Highlight Powder - Sand
Estée Lauder Pure Color Blush - Lover's Blush (Shimmer)

Eyebrows
Anastasia DipBrow Pomade - Ebony
Estée Lauder Brow Setting Gel 

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sephora Matte Eyeshadows - Secret Boudoir, Cashmere Coat & Morning Mocha
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - Bootycall
Eyelash Curler
Sleek Eau La La Liner - White Noise
Estée Lauder Lash Primer Plus & Sumptuous Extreme Mascara

Lips
Option 1: MAC Lip Pencil - Dervish, L'Oreal JLo Nude & Impulse Co. Mattifying Lip Powder
Option 2: Kat von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick - Lolita


No comments:

Post a Comment