Tuesday 17 February 2015

NOTW: OPI - The Spy Who Loved Me


 
with flash to show glitter

I love the reds that were released with the James Bond OPI collection, and it's such a shame that they were limited edition. I already did a post on the other red I have from this collection around Christmas, and now I'm sharing the second one.

This is The Spy Who Loved Me, and it's quite unusual in my opinion because in the bottle you can quite clearly see bits of yellow shimmer/glitter, but once applied to the nails it just looks like red particles. From a distance you don't notice any shimmer at all, but when you look closely it's really pretty.

I don't own many OPI nail varnishes because they are on the pricier side, but I'd definitely like to try more. I love the fact they use wide brushes because I find painting my nails so much easier and quicker this way with less streaking. Plus I find the shades I have from OPI dry quicker than other brands I have tried. The bottle size is huge so I can't ever see myself finishing one, but if you like to always wear the same colour then I think OPI would be a great brand for you to try.

 I am pretty sure I bought the two James Bond ones I have from the airport in Jersey so I was able to enjoy duty free prices! Also, please ignore the tiny little bit of wearing on the nail on my index finger. I don't remember if it usually does this, but it's chipped a little bit really quickly on a couple of my nails.

What I have on in these photos is Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay Base Coat, two coats of The Spy Who Loved Me (one would have been enough) and Revlon Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment