Tuesday 28 May 2013

Video: Tropical Green Gradient Eyeshadow with Blue Liner

 I used to wear green eyeshadow more than any other colour, and I recently re-discovered some of my old favourites so I decided to do a tutorial. I also wanted to make better use of some make up I feel like I've 'abandoned' a bit once new products came along, or I just lost a bit of creativity.


I decided to use a number of different shades of green to create a gradient, as well as using both mattes and shimmers to cover a broader spectrum of eyeshadows. I also used blue eyeliner on my waterline, and blue liquid eyeliner to make it a bit different to my normal style. I am so into using colours, and I feel like I should make better use of the range of colours I have!
l-r: Bourjois Liner Clubbing in Electro Blue, Bourjois Metallic Eyeliner in Bleu Clinquant
Sorry that a number of the MAC eyeshadows are limited edition, and no longer available, but if you take a look at the video/photos you should be able to tell what the colours look like well enough to be able to recreate the look using what you have.

Green in Palette - MAC Sharp. Eyeshadows l-r: MAC Lime, Sassy Grass & Humid. Bottom Eyeshadow: Mini Bourjois #55

MAC Sharp
Top Row l-r: MAC Lime & Sassy Grass. Bottom Row l-r: MAC Humid & Mini Bourjois #55

Swatches l-r: MAC Sharp, Lime, Sassy Grass & Humid

Suggested dupes:
MAC Sharp = Lime Crime 'Seahorse Discourse' (Aquataenia Palette) or Makeup Geek 'Pixie Dust' eyeshadow
MAC Lime = Sugarpill 'Acidberry' (a close colour match, but Acidberry has a slight shimmer, whereas Lime is matte)
MAC Sassy Grass = Inglot #384 (matte)
MAC Next to Nothing = any fleshtone shade    

Hopefully that information helps you! And as a side-note I really recommend Bourjois eyeshadows. They can be used with water to come out extremely well pigmented, and what I find is that the water doesn't damage the eyeshadow in the way that other eyeshadows become damaged (even when I am careful!). They're also well-priced, and available on certain websites very cheaply (i.e. cheapsmells.com). What I also love is their colour range, which has some unusual shades I never see available from other brands. 





Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk
MAC e/s - Sharp, Lime, Sassy Grass, Humid & Next To Nothing
Mini Bourjois e/s Refill - #55 (Green)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil - Covet
Bourjois Metallic Eyeliner - #54 Bleu Clinquant
Bourjois Liner Clubbing - #83 Electro Blue   
Maybelline The Falsies Volum'Express - Black Drama


Lips
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - Cherries in the Snow (Crème) 
Collection 2000 Hotlights Lipgloss - Dazzle 2  
  
Thanks for taking a look, and please make sure to check out the tutorial (: 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment