Sunday 26 May 2013

Palettes Revisited: Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Palette - Colourful


When I was planning my tutorials using this palette my mind drew a complete blank on how to put the colours together in a way that didn't look like a mess. I'm big on colourful eyeshadow looks of course! But I just could not think of a good way to place the colours, especially without it looking too much like my other palette tutorials. Eventually I figured it out, and so that's why there was such a big gap between this tutorial and the last from this palette.


I used the brightest colours and avoided any neutrals, lights or darks because that is what I wanted to do! The most important part of this tutorial is the layering of the eyeshadows over coloured bases, for instance 'Curiouser' eyeshadow changes colour slightly over 'Electric' pencil, so having some over the pencil and some not looks really pretty!

If you don't have this palette, but have other Urban Decay palettes you more than likely have dupes for these eyeshadows. I don't know if Urban Decay have confirmed this, but to me most of these eyeshadows look like they're all just previously released shades with Alice in Wonderland names. So I have compiled a list of dupes based on the colours I used:

Curioser = Grifter
Alice = Painkiller (I don't think this is exact, but it's very close)
Underland = Flash
Queen  = Last Call
Absolem = Absinthe
White Rabbit = Polyester Bride




Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil - Electric & Deviant
Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Palette:

  1. Curiouser
  2. Alice
  3. Underland
  4. Queen
  5. Absolem
  6. White Rabbit
Bourjois Sparkling Eyeliner -#34 Vert Stupéfiant
Collection 2000 Glam Crystals - #5 Le Freak
Maybelline The Falsies Volum'Express - Black Drama 



Lips
MAC Lip Pencil - Dervish
Bourjois 3D Effect Lipgloss - #21 Blanc Prismatic     


I need to use glitter more often, I just wish you could see it better in the photos, it's very clear in real life!

Thanks for reading, and please make sure to watch the tutorial (: 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment