Tuesday 21 May 2013

Palettes Revisited: Urban Decay Deluxe Palette

looking a little 'well loved'
This is probably one of my favourite palettes (I have a lot of favourites...and a lot of palettes), and I've owned it for a very long time now, since I'm pretty sure it was the first eyeshadow palette I ever bought. It has a really good selection of colours, and the eyeshadows are all wonderful quality. They are all 'deluxe' colours, which could be bought as individual 'deluxe eyeshadows'. The only downside to them would be that they are a little fragile! They're soft, well pigmented and blend amazingly, but as soon as you use something like a blending brush it really stabs through the shadow and you get a bit of mess over your palette. I'm thinking it also means the eyeshadows don't last as well as other shadows do because you can quite easily hit pan if you use any of these at all regularly.





There are 9 shadows, 6 being colours and a black, and the other three being light neutrals. I don't really like the neutrals if I'm honest because they are just too light and shimmery to achieve much with (unless combined with a bunch of other shadows not in the palette). And I still say that after having found a decent appreciation of neutral shadows. 

Here is the photo I was inspired by:

 
The colours in this look reminded me of the Deluxe Palette, so I decided to use the colour placement in my own look.There is a really faint watermark on this that I can't quite read (Brittany something?), so if anyone knows I will properly credit this.

So to my look!





Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil - Electric, Baked & Zero
Bourjois Duochrome Eyeliner - 61 Vert doré (the green one!)
Urban Decay Deluxe Palette - Peace, Graffiti, Ransom, Fishnet, Honey & Zero
MAC e/s - Nylon
Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner - Perversion



Lips
MAC Lip Pencil - Magenta
MAC Lipstick - Girl About Town (Amplified)     
  
Thanks for checking this out, I hope I inspired you to get out your Deluxe Palette and have a play! These are still sold, so if you don't have it then you can definitely still get one. Please remember to check out the tutorial (:



   

No comments:

Post a Comment