Tuesday 7 May 2013

Video: Marina Diamandis (Marina & The Diamonds) Inspired



Eyebrow, Eyelid & Lip inspiration


I've admired Marina's make up for a while now because it's simple yet dramatic, and has an easily recognisable trademark - the black heart on her cheek. I've seen this done before, but people seem to mostly associate it with her.


I have previously done a similar thing in my Valentine's Day make up tutorial, but to be honest I actually took my inspiration from Amelia Nightmare, who often has a heart on her cheek of varying size, colour and texture.

That aside, this will be a Marina inspired look, that hopefully won't seem too similar to my Doll Face make up tutorial. The face make up is a little similar, but overall this look is a lot more wearable for a lot more people. Plus I intend to do a dark lip, which Marina seems to wear with her darker hair, rather than the baby pink she seemed to wear with her platinum/silver hair.

Highlight/Face inspiration

Eyelash inspiration

 Regardless of lip colour and eye make up Marina seems to always have her black eyebrows, and the heart, so I am taking these features, and the rest of the make up will be a combination of how she wears her make up with her dark hair, and her silver hair.

These photos and the video are a second attempt at this look because the first time I recorded it there were a number of things that just did not look as good as I'd hoped! I'm so much happier with how this turned out, and although it was a pain to have to do the same thing twice, it was so worth it.

My favourite part of the look is definitely the cheek highlight, I love the Bourjois loose eyeshadow I used. The texture isn't 100% right for this purpose, but it just looks so pretty. I'm also thinking I should use Urban Decay's Sin eyeshadow a lot more! It's such a nice shimmery eyeshadow that almost has a wet-look about it.



Face
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - 52 (a little too dark for me at the moment)
Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder - Light
MAC Strobe Liquid
Bourjois Multi Shimmer Loose Powder Eyeshadow - 12 Regard Rose Lilas 
Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner - Black
Eylure Lashes - #120



Eyebrows
MAC e/s - Dark Edge
NYX Eye/Eyebrow Pencil - 931 Black Brown
No.7 Lash & Brow Perfector



Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Naked Palette 1 - Sin, Naked, Buck & Virgin
Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner - Perversion
Maybelline The Falsies Volum'Express - Black Drama 
Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl/Kajal - Nude   


Lips
MAC Lip Pencil - Nightmoth
Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick - #107 
   
Thanks for checking this out, and please watch the tutorial (: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment