Tuesday 13 January 2015

NOTW: Models Own Beetlejuice - Golden Green

A really interesting duochrome greeny yellow colour from Models Own's Beetlejuice range.



with flash


This shade is part of a set containing three miniature (6ml) Beetlejuice nail varnishes. I have done a NOTW post before featuring another shade from this set, which you can see here.

I find duochrome shades really fascinating so I'm surprised I hadn't worn this earlier. The colour of this one really reminds me of lizards because in the light it has such an interesting range of yellows and greens. I really love this one so much more than I thought I would, as with Pinky Brown from this range. The third one from the trio is a bright pink, and it's possible I'll do a NOTW post on it in the future...but I just don't really like it. If anyone really wants to see it just ask!

In the photos I'm wearing Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay Gel Nail Color in Crystal Clear as my base and top coat with two coats of Golden Green. I find duochrome nail varnishes in general to be fairly sheer, but two coats are enough for decent opacity. As the finish is on the metallic side I also find it dries pretty quickly, which I love because I'm so impatient I always mess up my nails.

I bought mine directly from the website here, and the price is £7.99 for the set although I'm sure I bought mine during one of their amazing sales. In fact there will be a 50% off sale starting 29th January so make sure not to miss it! Their prices are great anyway, but who doesn't love a discount!

No comments:

Post a Comment