Thursday 4 April 2013

Palettes Revisited: Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette - Neutrals


So reflective and hard to photograph!


I've got another look using a palette that has been out for a while now. This is the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette that I just 'had to have'...I think the main reason I was so desperate to have it was that all of the 15 eyeshadows were brand new, and the packaging is just incredible! Unfortunately there is only one matte, which is Blackout, and happens to also be the best black eyeshadow I have ever used. Trust me, it's incredible. I tend to favour mattes over shimmers, and these are very shimmery, but I'm always willing to give things a go, besides, these eyeshadows are very good quality and look great. Plus, shimmery shadows are way way easy to blend, so for people who aren't very experienced this palette is great. I like the colours in it, and I'm not so fussed about the neutrals, as usual, especially since I have the Naked 1 and 2 Palettes, which I love. I decided to do a neutral look though, since so many of the eyeshadows are neutrals, so it would seem silly not to. Also, I know a lot of people aren't into wearing that much colour.


For a while I've been unsure of how to put some of these colours together, and I've come up with three looks that are in the style of make up I usually do. I find there are just too many lighter neutral shades, so I guess you could always do a few different versions of a neutral look, but you definitely can't use many for one look. Plus I really don't like that the main highlight shade (Vanilla) is yellow toned, it doesn't go with anything! Plus the other light shades aren't quite light enough to be a highlight (in my opinion). So I decided to Google some looks other people have done for when I want to use the palette in the future, and there are actually some really great looks I would never have thought of. So hopefully I'll get more use out of this in the future!



Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Paint Pot - Bare Study
Urban Decay 15th AP  - Midnight 15, Chase, Deeper, M.I.A. & Vanilla
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil - Bourbon
Rimmel ScandalEyes Kohl Kajal - Nude
Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner - Perversion
Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner - Black 
Bourjois 1001 Cils - Black  

















Lips
MAC Lip Pencil - Magenta
MAC Lipstick - Rebel (Satin)



is that a smile??

If you wanted to create a darker look you could definitely use more M.I.A. and add Blackout from this palette, which would definitely make it more dramatic and smokey. However, I am planning a separate dark, night time look using different colours from the palette, so I'm saving the darkest colours for that. I also have a colourful look planned because that's what I do (;

I was very excited to be contacted by Michelle René, who very kindly asked if I'd like to use her music in my videos! So this is the first using music. If anyone has any feedback on how they think I should do the music in the future I would appreciate it. For instance, do you think the volume was ok? And are you happy to have the same song repeated? There aren't many songs at the moment, so I don't want to use them all for one video. Those are my main concerns.

For those who are interested, her links are:
YouTube
Twitter

iTunes

Thanks for reading, and remember to check out the tutorial (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment