Wednesday 10 July 2013

Palettes Revisited: MAC Manish Arora


I ran out of Urban Decay palettes to do tutorials on so I decided to use a MAC one I have had for about 5 years. This sold out very quickly when released so I think a lot of people must own it, therefore a tutorial has use. Also, all of the colours except Going Bananas and Playful are in MAC's permanent line, so most are easily accessible if anyone wants to replicate this look.



This palette was part of a collection MAC did in collaboration with fashion designer Manish Arora. I absolutely LOVE all the packaging from the entire collection, and the eyeshadow palette was a must-have that I ordered as soon as it was online (back when MAC allowed me to order from their website!!) Of the collection I bought about half - the palette, the two lipglosses (Shine Manish & Pink Manish), and one of the lipsticks (Girl About Town).

This, in my opinion, is one of the best collections MAC has done since I have been a fan. This, Hello Kitty, Heatherette, and Dare to Wear are just some of my favourites. I need more colour, MAC!! I haven't been that impressed by collections more recently

I love this palette both for how it looks, and for the great range of bright colours it contains. The only let-down in the palette is Bitter, which just does not have great colour pay-off. It is buildable though, so it's not the end of the world. 

Face & Eyebrows (not part of the tutorial)
Revlon ColorStay Makeup Combination/Oily Skin - 150 Buff
Healthspan Nurture  - Illuminating Touch Treatment Concealer
Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder - Light
Sleek Face Form Palette - Light (I only used the contour powder)
Stila All Over Shimmer Duo - Kitten 
Smashbox Brow Tech - Brunette




Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk
MAC Manish Arora Palette:
  1. Going Bananas
  2. Bitter
  3. Electric Eel
  4. Deep Truth
  5. Nylon
  6. Playful
Rimmel ScandalEyes Eyeliner - Nude
Bourjois Clubbing Liner - Absolute Black
Urban Decay - Big Fatty Mascara
Ardell #131 False Eyelashes


I see I should have blended Deep Truth more


Lips
Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick - It Girl




If you like the look of this then please check out the tutorial (:




4 comments:

  1. I think you look amazing and that eye look is so powerful and beaut but I owuld never have the guts to try it myself. Please come and do my make up everyday? amazing blog, following! x
    http://theadventuresofhann.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sure, sounds like a deal to me ;D ! x

      Delete
  2. If you ever decide to sell this palette or anything from this collection, please let me know! Love the packaging! Great look xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, isn't it? I can't see myself ever parting with any of it, sorry!! I wish I could help because I know there are items from previous collections I'd Love to be able to get my hands on. Thank you! xx

      Delete