Sunday 29 April 2012

Today's Look: Smokey Brown & Ombre Nails

Just a quick smokey brown eye look, and a look at the gradient/ombré style blue nail varnish I've been wearing.



Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Eyeshadow Dark Edge
MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood
MAC Tempting
MAC Next to Nothing
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil - Bourbon
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil - Zero
Urban Decay Liquid Liner - Perversion
Rimmel Mascara
Eylure Naturalites 100







Lips
Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss - Crystal Lilac



After abstaining from wearing nail varnish for a good couple of weeks I decided that was long enough and it was time to paint my nails. I went for a gradient/ombre effect of light blue on my little fingers through darker blues to purple on my thumbs. I've had a lot of compliments on it so far, including from a middle-aged postman so I must be onto something good. I might do a tutorial on ombre nails that are a gradient from light to dark on each nail since I found some really good instructions for it. Never done it before so it could be a disaster! Without futher ado...






Sorry there's a little chipping, but it happens.

Nails (All Barry M)
Basecoat, Topcoat & Nail Hardener
Little Finger: Mint Green
Ring Finger: Cyan Blue
Middle Finger: 291 (this is the way old packaging so there's no name)
Index Finger: Mix of 291 & Indigo

Thumb: Indigo



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment