Friday 27 April 2012

Video: Silver & Purple

I've gone and done some more makeup! This time I was in a lilac mood, and decided I would do purple eyeshadow to match the lilac lipstick I've been desperate to wear! Ever since buying those Sleek Pout Paints I've been very excited to make a lilac, and I wasn't even sure it would work, but thankfully it did.







On the eyes I used:
Lime Crime Candy Eyed Eyeshadow Helper (primer)
FashionistA Café Au Lait Shade 37
MAC shadestick in Tundra
Fearne Cotton Made You Look Made You Stare Silver and Dark Purple
MUA Eye Dust Shade 1 (how hilarious is the name 'eye dust'?)
MUA Eyeshadow Shade 4
Bourjois Eyeshadow 04 Noir Précieux
Urban Decay Lust and Zero 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils
Urban Decay Perversion liquid eyeliner
Rimmel mascara
Eylure Naturalites 120 false eyelashes

To be honest I sort of hated that make up and ended up adding eyeliner flicks and more dark purple to deepen it (I also used MUA Shade 13 for that), which made it look a lot better. The bit I loved most though was the lip colour. So pleased with that.


On the lips I used:
Pout Paint in Port and Peek-A-Bloo
Ben Nye creme foundation in P-1 White


I hope you like it! 


I also did my friend Nicola's makeup:





What I used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Paint Pot in Blackground  
Urban Decay Blackout eyeshadow  
Urban Decay Junkshow eyeshadow  
NYX Ultra Pearl Mania (there isn't a name, but it's shimmery white anyway)  
No. 7 Amazing Eyes Pencil 05 Black  
Some kind of mascara and false eyelashes (I don't know, she did that bit)

I just want to say how DIFFICULT it is to do make up on other people and when I am doing it I literally feel like I don't have full control over my limbs. That being said, I am pleased with how it came out. I also really enjoy the effect that Junkshow has over a black base. Where you see a purple and pink they are actually the same colour, it's just more purple over black since it's a duochrome. Pretty pretty. I may do this on myself and record a video. I didn't record myself doing the makeup on Nicola since it was a massive experiment and did not go particularly smoothly!

So there you go. Fun fun times were had by all.
Video
Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment