Saturday 26 May 2012

Yellow, Orange & Pink

I haven't posted in a while, but I consider that to be OK since no one reads this anyway (;

I'm feeling summery and happy because it's been SO warm, so I decided to match my makeup to my mood with some pretty colours.




Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
Sleek Eau La La Liner in Canary Yellow 291
Sleek Eau La La Liner in Pumpkin 296
MAC Going Bananas
Urban Decay in Muchness (Alice in Wonderland Palette) or Scandal (normal name)
MAC Trophy Pink (Royal Assets Cool Palette)
MAC Nylon
Urban Decay Liquid Liner in Perversion
Rimmel Black Mascara



A quick overview of what I did was to first apply the UDPP all over my lids, let that dry and smudge a small amount of the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk over the lower eyelid. Then I applied the Eau La La Liners, Canary Yellow in the inner corner and then Pumpkin in the middle third. After smudging those out I applied MAC Going Bananas over the yellow eyeliner and Muchness over the orange eyeliner. Then I applied MAC Trophy Pink with a blending brush on the outer third of my eyelid and up into the crease of my eyelid. I used Pumpkin again to line the bottom eyelid and waterline. I applied MAC Nylon to my browbone and finally used the liquid liner thinly and made a small wing and applied mascara.
The key to this is using the white, yellow and orange bases to make the eyeshadows stand out, but using too much will make a mess and crease, especially in the heat so it is important to blend them out properly and not use them too generously.

Lips
MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Popster, SPF 15 (Hello Kitty collection)



Quite easy to do, and the primer means it'll stay on all day despite the heat. Plus the liquid eyeliner is amazing and doesn't move (unless you went in the sea or something, don't be silly now). Plus I love that the tinted lip conditioner is SPF15. I've actually been very good recently and bought some SPF30 sun lotion. I'd rather wear good sun lotion and not tan than not wear any and burn, prematurely age and get skin cancer. So on that happy note that concludes this post!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment