Tuesday 15 July 2014

Video: Kylie Jenner Inspired




Hi,

Today's tutorial is another 'inspired by' one, and was actually a request from someone on YouTube. 
Whether you like the Jenners/Kardashians or not, you've got to admit that their make up artists really know what they're doing! I have particularly noticed that Kylie has been stepping up her make up recently, so when I was asked to do a tutorial on it I was definitely interested.
I mostly used her selfies on Instagram as my inspiration, for example:

The main things I noticed were strong contour and highlight, big lashes, basic neutral eyeshadow and overdrawn pinky brown lips. So those were the things I tried to recreate with my tutorial. I realise her make up is not always the same, but I wanted to capture what I felt represented what I picture when I think of her.
I don't even know if I need to say this, but please don't see this as a 'transformation' or anything like that. The only thing I have in common with her is eye colour, I think, so don't be surprised that I don't magically look like her!

(with flash)




Products Used:

Face
Estée Lauder Double Wear - 1N1
MAC Prolongwear Concealer - NC15
MAC Prep+ Prime Loose Powder
Sleek Makeup Contour Kit - Light
theBalm Mary Lou Manizer
Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade - Dark Brown
Benefit Gimme Brow - Medium Dark
Urban Decay Setting Spray - De-slick

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Soap & Glory Quad - What's Nude
Urban Decay e/s - Blackout
Estée Lauder Sumptuous Infinite
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
Eylure Exaggerate #143 Lashes

Lips
MAC Lip Pencil - Dervish
Estée Lauder Pure Color Lipstick - Pinkberry

I hope you enjoy the tutorial, please have a look at the video below. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment