Thursday 21 February 2013

Hogwarts Houses: Slytherin


I was reading Harry Potter (surprise surprise) for what must be the hundredth time, and suddenly thought 'why have I not done Hogwarts Houses themed makeup tutorials?'. What followed was some brain storming and many notes made on the notepad on my phone. 


I have all the looks planned out, and Slytherin seemed to form itself in my head the most quickly, so it was the first one I did. Plus on Pottermore I am a Slytherin so gotta rep my house!

For those who do not know, Slytherin's colours are green and silver, and the animal that represents them is a snake. They are known for being cunning, and have a bad reputation because 'there's not a witch or wizard who went bad that wasn't in Slytherin'. Famous Slytherin's including Voldemort and all his Death Eaters. But in the end it's decided that Slytherin isn't that bad.

I WISH I had thought to wear my Slytherin's locket while filming this tutorial!
  




Eyes
Tape!
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk
MAC e/s - Sassy Grass, Lime & Humid
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil - Covet
Illamasqua e/s - Control
Illamasqua Liquid Metal - Phenomena
No7 Extreme Length Mascara - Black

     
Lips
Illamasqua - Apocalips (matte)

I know that lip colour (though amazing) is not for everyone. In the video I suggest Benefit's Benetint (red lip stain) or MAC's Ruby Woo (matte red lipstick) as alternatives. What is quite popular with dramatic red lips is to line with MAC's Nightmoth and blend out the edges into the lip with Ruby Woo over the top. This is quite effective because it gives a 3D effect. Since this is popular at the moment there are plenty of videos around showing how to do this method (if you want to check it out).



Da original Parselmouth




Thanks for checking this out, I look forward to doing looks for the other houses! 

4 comments:

  1. :o you look like as if you really belong to Slytherin! Amazing look :D
    Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks! That's the best comment I could really receive (:

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this look. The silver eyeliner on top of the green made it look even more...I dont know...realistic...sort of a snake skin. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks (: I found it hard to think of a way to channel 'snake', so I really appreciate that you think I managed it!

      Delete