Wednesday 1 August 2012

Video: Cocktail Inspired - Raspberry/Strawberry Daiquiri

Hello internet!

Newer Version Here 


I was feeling Summery because of how good the weather has been over the past couple of weeks, and decided I wanted to do my first series. If you couldn't tell from the title of this post I am doing a series of cocktail inspired videos. I love the colour combinations and gradients seen in cocktails so I thought they would be a good source of inspiration. I went for more commonly known ones over obscure ones that no one will have heard of, and I skipped ones like Long Island Iced Tea and Martinis because I don't find ones like that inspiring. I like bright colours! 

I am well aware that I'm not the first to think of this, but I've intentionally avoided looking at other people's cocktail inspired makeup so that I can fully interpret how I think it would translate into makeup myself in order to create looks that are 'me'. I feel like it's the best way to be original, too.


the credit for this photo is apparently 'cherrymenlove' I don't think I'll be looking at that website
So as you can see there are pinks and reds, which I love to use, but seem not to have a tutorial using these colours (except Valentine's Day...I know, I'm just bleeding originality). I wanted to find a way to translate the thick texture of the first image and the ice in the second image, and that just ended up involving the use of glitter, which I keep telling myself to use more of!


Eyes
NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk
Bourjois - 12 Regard Rose Lilas
eBay palette - medium shimmery pink
MAC - Passionate
Fearne Cotton e/s palette - deep reddy pink
MUA - 2
Urban Decay Liquid Liner - Perversion
17 Liquid Liner - Black (I used both because my UD is running out)
Rimmel Mascara
NYX Jumbo Pencil - Strawberry Milk
Stargazer Glitter Shakers - UV Pink & UV White









 Lips
Sleek Lipstick - Heartbreaker
Stargazer Glitter Shaker - UV Pink 


they look so much bigger in this photo than in real life

So that is my very first cocktail inspired make up tutorial! I hope to do more, I feel like a series is a good thing to commit to since I have a bunch of others already planned out so it's just a case of filming myself doing them. The only problem for me is still my set up. I still don't have a good place to film ):

Well, I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment