Thursday 8 August 2013

Tutorial: Pretty Blue


Couldn't resist the urge to do a (subtle) pun in the title!
Naming make up looks is so hard, I'm just going to start appealing to others for help, I think!

I was watching TV (Supernatural!) the other day, and still had a while before I had to leave the house, so I used the opportunity to just sit and create, which I haven't done in a while. Usually I envisage looks in my head based on colours I want to use, or maybe something that has inspired me, so there's no physical preparation stage. I picked up my Z-palette I'd put together of Urban Decay and MAC eyeshadows, decided I wanted to use blue, and played around. It was wonderful to just take my time, think about it properly, and blend properly, which sometimes I don't realise I haven't done enough of whilst recording a video until I'm editing it later on.



The tutorial here is almost exactly the same as the original look, except that I decided to add a little glitter for fun! The lip was also a lot better put together this time, as I was mostly focusing on eyes during the preparation stage.

for once the lighting allows you to see the contour/highlight!

Face & Eyebrows (not part of the tutorial)
Revlon ColorStay Makeup Combination/Oily Skin - 150 Buff
Healthspan Nurture  - Illuminating Touch Treatment Concealer
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer - 2 Light
Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder - Light
Sleek Face Form Palette - Light (Contour & Highlight)
Smashbox Brow Tech - Brunette



Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Glide-on Pencil - Electric, Deviant & Zero
Urban Decay e/s - Shattered & Goddess
MAC e/s - Aquadisiac, Clarity & Star by Night
MUA e/s - Shade 2
Stargazer Glitter Fix Gel
Glamour Doll Eyes glitter - Techno
Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara



Lips
LOOKBeauty Loud Lip Liner - Toffee Cup
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté - #20 Spicy Pink
MAC Cremesheen Lipstick - Shanghai Spice




Thanks for reading, and please watch the tutorial (: 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment